1. Refer to the Typical
DuraVent PelletVent Pro Installations
diagram, on this
page, to be familiar with some of the standard PelletVent
Pro installations and the required component parts.
2. For a horizontal termination, you will need a Wall Thimble
and a Horizontal Cap. The cap
must be installed with a 6" clearance to the outside wall
(refer to appliance manufacturer’s
installation instructions for other clearances).
3. For a vertical termination, you will need a Cathedral
Ceiling Support Box or Flat Ceiling
Support, Attic Insulation Shield (if passing through an
attic), Flashing, Storm Collar, and
4. Determine the length of PelletVent Pro pipe required.
For a vertical termination, measure the pitch of the roof
and select the proper flashing. The required minimum height
above the roof is 12".
5. Pellet stove inserts in masonry fireplaces will require
a flex pipe to snake the vent past the
smoke shelf. For transition from PelletVent Pro to an existing
DuraPlus, DuraPlus HTC, or
DuraTech Chimney, a Chimney Adapter is available.
6. For vertical rise of PelletVent Pro on the outside of
the house, Wall Straps should be used at 4' intervals to
provide proper support.
7. Check to be sure that the appliance and the venting system
are in compliance with all minimum clearance to combustible